27 February, 2011

From the depths of my mind


"Little girl, why are you on that road all alone? At the middle of the night! Aren't you cold?" an elderly woman asked. Young girl who looked about 4 years old, dressed in a short green dress and white shoes, looked at her. Her eyes were really big and odd coloured – but the woman really couldn’t understand what colour it was. After all, it was the middle of the night. „I...“ the girl whispered. „I must...“
She closed her mouth. The elderly woman and the young girl looked at each other for a long time, in the middle of the road, few minutes before midnight. There was no moon that night, so it was really dark.
„Dear girl, you can’t just stand there! Where do you live, maybe I could –„
„No!“ Girl’s voice now sounded really mature. „Go!“ she showed to the distance with her little hand.
„But, I can’t just leave you here! It’s dangerous nowadays... Oh, how much easier it was when I was young... Me and my friends often snuck out at night,“ old lady smiled at the very thought. „But now, it’s too dangerous to do that! So please, let me lead you home!“
„Stop it!“ The girl almost screamed. She sounded really miserable. „Just... go... GO!“
„But.. I can’t just...“ the old lady mumbled. She never got a chance to finish her sentence.

***
Nothing extraordinary, just happened to find it somewhere in my mind and scribbled it down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

igatsen sind :)

:) said...

Um.. that's nice ^^